Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_13_] Muggles[_13_] is offline

Default Election betting odds: 24 October 2016 - Clinton 82.3%, Trump16.8%

On 10/29/2016 10:43 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 12:16:50 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 10/27/2016 11:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:56:29 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 10/26/2016 10:47 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:20:46 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:59:19 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 05:53:29 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:36:18 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 07:01:47 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 wrote:

You would think alienating so many people, especially college
educated, wealthier people and women, while appealing to red necks,
can't help sell $2 mil properties.

That comes across as a little too elitist for my tastes. Trump supporters might be a little gullible or
naive, but the vast majority of them are good Americans, good people who want the best for our country.

IMHO, the vast majority of Trump supporters are deplorable.
Simple as that. Being a rube is no excuse.

If that is true, then, IMHO you are as bad as Trump. Generalizing in such a fashion is despicable,
prejudicial, bigoted and ignorant.

If I am not mistaken, that is what you feel constitutes being deplorable, isn't it?

Spin it however you want. Doesn't matter what you call me. I told
you it was simple. There's Trump supporters and then the others.
I'm an other. Good enough for me.

Vast numbers of our fellow citizens are not "deplorable" simply because they disagree with your ideology. I
have many good friends who will vote for Trump, not one of them is deplorable. Some are misguided, some are
naive, some are gullible, some see Mrs. Clinton as Lucifer. Not one of them has bad intentions, is noticeably
bigoted, prejudiced or ignorant.

How is calling someone who disagrees with your assessment of the
candidates "misguided, naive, or gullible" any different than calling
them "deplorable"? You've still judged those people as being less
rather than equal.

Try the dictionary. Deplorable is a strong adjective, one of condemnation,
way beyond misguided, naive, or gullible. People can be misguided, naive
or gullible and still be decent human beings.

So, it's OK to judge your friends in a negative light as long as it's
not so bad as the words someone else might use??

Who the hell said anyone was judging friends? It was in the context
of voters.

Stormin is judging his friends.

He said: "I have many good friends who will vote for Trump, not one of
them is deplorable. Some are misguided, some are naive, some are gullible."

He doesn't see his friends as equals because they don't share the same
political choices. He also sees his viewpoint as superior to his
friends and has judged them as being misguided, naive, and gullible
because they have a different point of view.

Aren't you STILL judging your friends and in essence telling the world
to have pity on those poor misguided, naive, and gullible people because
they don't agree with you??

How magnanimous of you.

--
Maggie