Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Tappan Glow Plug

In ,
TomR typed:
In ,
Charles Bishop typed:
I have a Tappan gas range and had to replace the glow plug and now
the oven lights and works.

The question I have is whether the glow plug is supposed to remain on
after the burner has lit, and I can see the flames. It seems
"wasteful" somehow and I'd like to check to see if something else
needs repair.

I usually don't know much about appliance repair, but I am beginning
to learn more and more through experience and by going to
http://repairclinic.com and clicking on the "Repair Help" tab in the
upper left of the home page.

I just did that and I think I found the answer to your question. . . . ,

And, just for kicks, I tried creating a link to the video that starts right
at the part where it talks about gas ovens:
https://youtu.be/hweqe2tPklo?t=148