Sam Goldwasser

Default Can I degauss my TV with a magnet?

na writes:

What the hell are people giving out the wrong way to degause a crt.

Here's how u do it: with tv on, unplug it from ac mains (power from
the wall), wait 5 sec, plug it back in & turn it on. the built in
degausing coil will degaus tube. every color tv or monitor has a
built in degausing coil.

Yes, but your method may not work as some/many/most require time for
a thermistor to cool down. 20 seconds on, 20 minutes off, few cycles
like that may be needed.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.