Alex Butcher

Default Can power supply rebuild kit save this VCR?

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:37:20 -0230, Rono wrote:

Sony recommends not to rebuilt the older power supplies, as they "blow
up" again! They are very expensive to replace, that is, if it's the
module type!

I can't speak for Charles, but given my VCR is nearly 7 years old, a
non-DIY repair cost of 25GBP+, a replacement cost for a new NICAM deck of
55GBP, attempting a DIY repair for 2.50GBP was the only economic approach
other than junking it and buying a replacement.

Worth a shot, and I've learnt something along the way. If there's nothing
really to lose...

Rono.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK Need reliable and secure network systems?