Chris Oates

Default Replacing washing machine pump

"Dominic" wrote in message
om...
So, do you think a new pump will fix it? There is nothing else
obviously wrong, the drum spins (after manually draining it) etc. I am
just worried that the pump might have burnt out part of the controller
when it failed.

The machine is a little over 2 years old, but it has been used pretty
heavily. It could last a good while longer or the bearings might go
next week. I am willing to take a gamble if it is just the pump, but
if it is likely to be anything more serious I will probably have to
cut my losses.

As you might have gathered, I am not too experienced at fixing these
things. I've owned a number over the years, but they always seem to
fail catastrophically so I've never attempted to fix one before.

common failure - new pump £10-15
should fix it