Michelle Vadeboncoeur

Default TV Opinion

(LASERandDVDfan) wrote in message ...
I would like to have an opinion about what someone would think is the best
choice of technologies, considering if one was to make the purchase of an
HDTV.

Okay.

After this year, CRT technology type TV sets will no longer be made
by the main stream of the higher end manufactures.

And where did you get this information from?

Once these sets run out,
they will be offering LCD and Plasma type TV sets. Some will also offer the
DLP type TV sets for the consumer market. I am hearing a lot of discussions
to what would be the most ideal. Each type of display has its pros and cons.

There is also a pending technology in the works which could end up replacing
LCD panel displays: LEP.

Would your preference be a Plasma TV set?

No.

While the technology is impressive, it is likened to a hybrid automobile.

In the long run, it's just not worth it. With a hybrid cars, the battery cells
must be replaced every three years (recommendation from Honda and Toyota for
the Civic hybrid, Insight, and Prius). This can cost over $5000 for new cells
alone. What money that was saved from using less gas will be eaten up by
maintenance costs every three years.

Uh... please check your information sources.

The Honda hybrids warranty the NiMH hybrid battery packs for 8 years/80,000 miles
in the US. The Toyota Prius hybrid system is warrantied for 8 years/100,000 miles
in the US (for the 2004 Prius in CA, ME, MA, NT, and VT, the hybrid
battery pack is 10 years/150,000 miles).

I know of many hybrid owners with cars over the 80,000 miles or 100,000
miles, or over 3 years old, who have not had their hybrid battery
packs replaced, and with no degridation of performance, my own car
included. Of the ~75,000 Prius on the roads in the US since 2000, I can count
on one hand the number of hybrid battery packs that have been replaced.

Perhaps you're thinking of the 12v lead-acid accessory battery (that's
in every car, hybrid or not)? Three years is a good average lifespan
on one of those, and they're only ~$100 or less.