H. R. Bob Hofmann

Default Pioneer SD-P5565 Screen Very Red. Convergence problem?

(TH421) wrote in message om...
I have a large screen Pioneer SD-P5565 projection television. It has a
convergence feature in which you line up the 3 colored crosshairs in
order to make the television view properly. However, the red crosshair
appears to be "bent" and thus causing the entire screen to turn very
red. What part do I need to repair this, and how would I go about
obtaining the part?

Thanks :-D, TH421

If the red grid patern is bent compared to the blue and green, that is
one problem called convergence.

The entire screen looking red is a separate issue, due to the red gun
being turned on more than the blue and green guns. Is the red
appearance present on an actual picture, or only when you are in the
setup/convergence mode?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann