Sam Goldwasser

Default NEC MultiSynch 2-A Monitor Horiz. Shrinking

JR North writes:

Incredibly, there's no H width adjustment. The width has
shrunk about 1" on each side in the past week. There's no
barrel/convex distortion on the edges, and the picture is
fine, although compressed.
Is there perhaps an H trim pot on the board? I've had this
monitor, and expected it to last...forever.

I believe there is an internal adjustment but it doesn't have much range
and adjusting it wouldn't be a good solution anyhow as likely, what has
happened is that a capacitor (most likely) or some other component is
going bad.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.