Andy Hall

Default TRVs

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:20:18 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

What's the best make? And possibly one that can be repaired when it starts
leaking?

I've got Invensys ones (Drayton), which I've had for 18 years

Approx 3 of them have had new heads about 5 years ago, the rest are
fine Ultimately all TRV heads fail and generally it's that they
become insensitive to temperature change and as you turn the control
the valve clunks on and off. Most manufacturers suggest about a 7
year life, so I am pretty happy.

None of the valve bases have failed at all, and I don't know of anyone
who has had one fail. The neoprene gaskets are available for
Drayton AFAIK.

The heads can be bought separately but are not repairable AFAICS.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl