eddumweer

Default Can I degauss my TV with a magnet?

Or get an old degaussingcoil, mount it safely into a bigger wooden box,
place a pushbutton (contact when pussed) then connect it to the mains.

Usage is to switch of the tv, put everything away like waches and other
magneticly to disturbing parts.

Put it to the face of the picturetube, push the button and walk away
straight ahead from the tv and release the switch at 1,5 meter or 5 foot.

Greetings Peter

"John Todd" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:11:30 +1200, Nick Alexander
wrote:
I have got some green patches on my TV since I moved my speakers too

close
to the tube. Can I use a magnet to get rid of the colours?

Regards,
Nick Alexander

If I may presume to clarify Jerry and Sam's wisdom, you use
the internal degausser when you turn the power on, so turn your
set off and on a couple of times!

--
John E. Todd

Note: Ensure correct polarity prior to connection.