Default Can I degauss my TV with a magnet?

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:11:30 +1200, "Nick Alexander"
wrote:

I have got some green patches on my TV since I moved my speakers too close
to the tube. Can I use a magnet to get rid of the colours?

Regards,
Nick Alexander

Are the speakers still too close? If they are, then the problem isn't
going to go away. You need shielded speakers if you want them that
close.

If this is a leftover from exposure to the speakers, then the normal
degaussing mechanism built-in to the TV may take care of this. Might
take several power cycles - wait several minutes between each cycle
for the coil/ptc to cool down otherwise you won't be getting much in
the way of field strength. Or just wait a few days of normal usage

-Chris