Dave Plowman

Default How to build a Tardis?

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Doesn't happen today, though. No matter what the papers would have you
believe.

When did it change? I thought that film and TV were still fairly
compartmented.....?

On 'The Bill' when you have one of those chasing down the street shots,
everyone who hasn't a job to do during the actual 'take' will help out
with cabling, although it's officially the rigger's job. But you'd need
several, and there's only one. Same with many things - people just help
out, if they can. I sometimes need a second boom - it's rarely something
that can be predicted so I could book a second operator, and again one of
the others can always be made to volunteer.;-)

On my last shoot, the gaffer, or chargehand sparks, helped out with grip
work and a second boom on many occasions. So much so I almost bought him a
drink.

The most common question is 'why are all these people standing around?'
The answer is their job happens before and after a 'take' but not during
it.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn