tlw

Default Pioneer VSX-27TX -- long delay before audio can be heard...

Jeff, you'll most likely have this problem again. Take unit to authorized
Pioneer servicer. The board needs to be sent in for rework. The cost of the
rework and the freight to send the board in is being picked up by Pioneer.
However, there may be a charge for removing and reinstalling the board.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Thanks to Mark and Ampdoc for their help on this. After replacing the
eeprom, the unit is working like new!

Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message
I have a Pioneer VSX-27TX receiver that works fine in all respects

except
that it takes about 20 minutes before audio can be heard from any of the
outputs (main or surround.) During the 20 minute "warm-up", the display

is
active and all control functions of the receiver seem to work. I can

use
the tuner, select inputs, enable/disable surround modes, use the remote
control, etc. Also, signal is present at the tape output during this

time,
but not at the preamp outputs.

Once 20 minutes (or so) has passed, the audio almost suddenly starts
playing.

Whatever is wrong, it seems to be temperature related, as the "warm-up"

time
is shorter if I cycle power after the receiver has been on for a while.

Has anyone seen similar behavior from this unit? Any tips as to what

might
be wrong? Does anyone have a schematic for this model?

Thanks,

Jeff