Jerry G.

Default Can I degauss my TV with a magnet?

NO. A permanent magnet will end up making the fault worse, and if strong
enough, it can do permanent damage. An AC or alternating field is required.
There are hand held degassing coils that are made for manually degassing
tubes. When a new CRT is installed, it is common practice to manually
degaussed it before doing the initial purity and convergence alignment.

The internal degaussing coil should do the job of demagnetizing the CRT mask
if it is working properly, the purity alignment is okay, and the mask is not
damaged.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Nick Alexander" wrote in message
I have got some green patches on my TV since I moved my speakers too close
to the tube. Can I use a magnet to get rid of the colours?

Regards,
Nick Alexander