Ron

Default Can I degauss my TV with a magnet?

If you mean a permanent magnet, no, that's what caused the problem in the
first place. Most TV's have a built-in degaussing circuit that works
automatically when the set is switched on. Otherwise, you need to use a
degaussing coil, powered by AC. I have also used an AC powered demagnetizer
(for erasing recording tape) made by R. B. Annis. You start by applying
power to the coil. Move it close to the screen and around in a circular
motion to cover the entire area, then gradually move it a couple of feet
away and turn the power off.
-Ron
(email: replace 'abuse' with 'cyberguy3k')

"Nick Alexander" wrote:
I have got some green patches on my TV since I moved my speakers too close
to the tube. Can I use a magnet to get rid of the colours?

Regards,
Nick Alexander