Jason D.

Default Rca ctc203aa5

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:06:34 -0600, "Lance Dyer"
wrote:

Hi Jason:

times so far, was cracked solder joint on one SMD resistor that sets
the voltage for the LM317 regulator. But it usually causes 3 strikes
and out syptom.

There is no pip in this set

Okay,

Is it dumb or smart chassis? Smart chassis uses only one ribbon for
gemstar and can be left off. Two big ICs (jungle & micro).
Dumb chassis relies on gemstar (has two ribbons) and only one jungle
IC. The micro is part of gemstar, hence the dumb term.

this set has the two ribbons from the gemstar module

This is dumb chassis. The micro IS in the gemstar module, gemstar
module costs about 100. Ouch!! Gemstar module must have both ribbons
correctly plugged in.

Really check carefully that you have standby power to the gemstar, the
gemstar's eeprom IC is on the mainboard. Is it getting 5V? And did
I2C bus talk for short time when tv plugged in, also did I2C talk when
remote and buttons are pressed?

Also double check that I2C buses aren't shorted or open along the
tracks.

when the power button is pushed there is no click of the relay

No response to remote either?

The middle two of 4 pins female connector is I2C bus for the A/V
board, I think. Should be labeled on the solder side of chassis.
This I2C also is strung along to the tuner's two pins.

Sometimes I see cracked traces.

Cheers,

Wizard