Lance Dyer

Default Rca ctc203aa5

Hi Jason:

Do you happen to have plug in F2PIP module in this chassis? Remove it
and try again. Sometimes this hangs the I2C data bus due to loss of
3.3V on that F2PIP regulator circuit, somewhat rare. I came across
this 3
times so far, was cracked solder joint on one SMD resistor that sets
the voltage for the LM317 regulator. But it usually causes 3 strikes
and out syptom.

There is no pip in this set

Is it dumb or smart chassis? Smart chassis uses only one ribbon for
gemstar and can be left off. Two big ICs (jungle & micro).
Dumb chassis relies on gemstar (has two ribbons) and only one jungle
IC. The micro is part of gemstar, hence the dumb term.

this set has the two ribbons from the gemstar module

This is unusual, RCA designed this way to try 3 times for any reason
even x-ray shutdown. You will hear 3 clicks from relay.

when the power button is pushed there is no click of the relay

Cheers,

Wizard