Roderick Stewart

Default TV Opinion

In article , Jerry
Greenberg wrote:
The sets that are even more than about 10 years old will soon wear
out, and also including the wearing out of their CRT's. Replacement
tubes for any TV that is more than about 5 years old is hard to find
these days. And, if you do find a replacement tube (CRT), it will
generaly cost more than the equivelent new set to replace.

Indeed. It's hardly worth repairing anything these days, only the
biggest and most expensive items like cars and washing machines.
Anything electronic will almost certainly be out of date and superceded
by something better many years before it wears out. With nobody getting
things repaired, there's no financial incentive for anybody to learn how
to repair things, or even take an interest in how they work, so I wonder
where we are going to find the next generation of engineers to design
new stuff.

There will be
a point where the older sets will soon die off, and then the users
will be forced to replace them with newer sets, if they want to be
able to watch TV.

(My mother would say... "Read A Book!").

So did mine. :-)

Rod.