Lance Dyer

Default Rca ctc203aa5

Hi Jason
the model is a F27649

This set is totally dead. I did the repairs on L14101

Power supply chirps when line cord is plugged in.

Have followed the trouble shooting guide. I do not have a chipper checker
and the set will not start with the menu,power, vol command

The 5v regulated voltage is present at all times. When the power button is
pressed the 2.5v appears on j13301 pin 18 and the 12v appears on the 12v
regulator u 14404. Both voltages disappear within a second or two and they
do not pulse they just die. Set has to be unplugged before it will respond
to the power button again. when power button is pushed
5.2v is present on j13104 pin 7
1.6v is present on pin 10
4.8v is present on pins 4, 6, and 8

unsoldered output collector and j10303 pin 13 will show the 12v for 2
seconds and it disappears it does not pulse at all

as stated I already did the coil L14401 and the horizontal output is good
even subbed it just in case. The chirp I was refering to is the chirp of
the power supply when pluged into the line voltage. It will chirp just once
with startup surge. On the collector of the horizontal output is 138v
regulated voltage. Could this be a problem with the Gemstar module as
system control is integrated to it or do I have a data clock line problem.
I unplugged j13104 to try and isolate problen and had the same results on
the above tests.

"Jason D." wrote in message
unsoldered output collector and j10303 pin 13 will show the 12v for 2 =
seconds and it disappears it does not pulse at all

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lance

Lance,

First: MODEL NUMBER!?

If you have measured the resistance of that Q14401 (horizontal
transistor), it is shorted hence the chirping power supply.

What blew this transistor was the bad solder joint on the L14401 a
ferrite rod wrapped with wire (coil) because of glue. Remove that
L14401 and clean glue off, unplug one hole clogged with glue.
Reinstall coil and new horizontal transistor.

This should fix up that set.

Cheers,

Wizard

Cheers,