Bob Myers

Default TV Opinion

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
om...
I'm just basing my opinion on what I've seen. Rear-projection displays
must either have a large box to the rear, or be a floor-standing device
with a 45deg mirror and the projector accommodated in the base. I can't
think of any other practical arrangement that would enable the overall
assembly to be described as anything other than "large", or "bulky",
and I haven't seen any.

The latest designs for rear-projection displays use
much more sophisticated optical paths. InFocus recently
introduced their first RPTV product, a 61" (diagonal)
unit with a total depth under 7 inches! It's called the
"ScreenPlay" - you can see it at the InFocus web site,

www.infocus.com

Bob M.