Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Sanken SAP15 , 5 pin Darlingtons

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 23:57:02 +0200, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

On 27.10.16 16:18, N_Cook wrote:
With the built in temp comp diodes, 1 silicon in the N type and 5
Schotky in the P and mirror-reversed pinning .
Owner put a short across one speaker line, magic smoke but other channel
is normal. Internal emitter resistor .22R of the p type is now not .22R.
I intend removing both , of the failed channel , to check out of
circuit, but anyone jumpered in an external .2R in these circumstances
and no further problems from cracked die etc as this R is part of the die?
The datasheet I think , in fractured English, says the thermal safe
operating over-current zone, for the built in .22R is deliberately
lower than the Darlington itself. Anyone ever disentangled the "English"
referring to deliberately? destroying the internal R so as to use an
external emitter R,or is it just referring to doubling-up ?
datasheet
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../datasheet.pdf

"alldatasheet.com currently unavailable" GRRRRRR

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...KEN/SAP15.html