Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need source for FRESH #8755 ribbon for my Epson FX100 printer

Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Anyway, if you decide to re-ink, I am pretty sure that ink is not the
same as ink for an inkjet printer. (which is more expensive than gold)
What you probably want it the type used to re-ink ink pads like for
rubber stamps. Or simple printer's ink like for the newspaper or
something. Not inkjet ink, you'll have to mortgage the house to get
enough of that.

The ink for the old printers was very inexpensive. I used to buy some
from the NCR that was about $ 3 for a tube that looked like a toothpaste
tube. Only took a small ammount for the old teletype ribbons and later
for my Okidata 82 that used the same type of ribbon. Unless you know
someone that has some old stock I doubt you will find it.
NCR K-575F ink. That is for the black. They made some purple or some
such color that had a similar number.

Do not use stamp pad ink. It contains a fine abrasive that works to
keep the rubber face in good condition. it will eat the pin guides in an
impact printhead.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.