Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default moulded plugs

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article , news0006
@eager.cx says...

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:49:32 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
DerbyBorn formulated the question :

Just as well items are now supplied with a fitted plug. Can you
imagine the "Facebook Generation" trying to use wire strippers and
screwdrivers.

In the days when plugs were brown, it was nice to buy a nice new MK
White plug (extra cost) to fit on a new appliance.

Just a matter of what looks modern and fashionable. Black seems the
fashionable colour at the moment.

Videos, stereos etc. were silver, then black, now silver seems to be
coming back as the 'in' colour.

So my 1980's Sharp HiFi is coming back into fashion? ;-)

But what about Quad beige? ;-)

Nothing wrong with beige. And orange.

Says my 33/303.

nostalgic sigh

Audiolab, Quad, Mission, Wharfedale and Castle Acoustics
are all now labels owned by a firm based in Shenzhen,
China.

Yes and my Aiwa -
http://supreme2.ru/images/aiwa-z-d9300m2.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg1NzY=/z/TFUAAOSwI-BWPQZN/$_86.JPG
which I paid ~£1k for maybe ~30 years back were bought out by Sony.
Still sounds pretty good though.
Deffo needs a few caps changing.