Christian Zinner

Default getting the pcb from a pdf file

Hi!

Back from the weekend I found some reactions to my previous posting that
filled me with mixed emotions.
So please, let me make some things clear:

"Christian Zinner" wrote in
It can take Gerber as input for drill import, but currently not for the
conduction tracks. As I see from some other feedback, I decide to add this
functionality very soon. I personally prefer postscript. Are there still

so
many pcb layout programs out there that rely on gerber only?

I think that the last sentence lead to a total misunderstanding. I must
state here, that english is not my first language and this may be the reason
for that.
It is clear for me that almost every pcb layout software supports gerber
output. My question was if there are still many of them that don't offer
*any other* output file format.
For example, if a CAD system supports printing of layouts to a printer under
windows, you can select a postscript printer driver of your choice, print
into a file and it should be no problem to interface to PlatinCnc.
And, as I said already, I plan to add a gerber import filter into the
application soon.

Generally I know what I'm talking about, so please let's keep peace.
I'm grateful for any constructive comment, I think that's for what such
newsgroups are for.

Regards,
--
Christian Zinner