Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Election betting odds: 24 October 2016 - Clinton 82.3%, Trump 16.8%

Per Robert Green:
The educational system has failed them and they really can't evaluate basic
facts clearly.

Think back on your school days. I cannot recall a single course that
explicitly addressed/taught Critical Thinking. English composition
was supposed to teach organized thought, math was supposed to teach
problem-solving skills.... but nobody was teaching me how to think
critically.

If I had a couple billion bucks and wanted to do something for the
country I would:

- Commission a bunch of experts to develop courses in Critical Thinking
for grade school, high school, college, and post-school people.

- Hire the same level PR firms that the Koch Brothers use to push their
agenda only to push the idea of teaching Critical Thinking in schools.

Tangentially, has anybody else read "A Field Guide to Lies: Critical
Thinking in the Information Age" by Daniel J. Levitin?
--
Pete Cresswell