Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Dawn till dusk lantern Led bulbs.

wrote in
:

On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 14:41:03 UTC+1,
wrote:
Does anyone have any idea if an LED bulb will work in a dawn till
dusk lantern?

Light is off during the day. Light lights at about 1/3 brightness at
dusk and stays that way unless triggered by the motion sensor at
which point it is fully lit. Googled this to death and cannot find an
answer. Contacted numerous led bulb shops via email but all seam to
forget to read the question and point me to an led that is obviously
useless for the situation.

depends on the LED's PSU type, the dimming method and the PIR.

NT

I would give up - it is an oddity that never made it to mass market.
Unfortunately I can only suggest you replace it with 2 fittings - a Dusk to
Dawn lamp and a PIR Flood.