Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

If the second big box was not there, there would be room for a metal
cover on the wall plug. Also get around the cord through a cover.

I can see where that would be useful. Child proofing. Have the plug
in and cover on, have the plug out and the cover on. The cord would
be captive in a plastic squeeze down feed through.

Martin

On 10/25/2016 4:56 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/25/2016 12:45 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:01:55 +0000 (UTC)
Cydrome wrote:

snip
Here's something else I came across, elsewhere. The colors are a bit off
from adjusting the pic so you could see the secret outlet.

http://www.panix.com/~presence/amazing-outlet.jpg

My guess is something once plugged into that outlet and ran into the box
below, and there may have been a cover in place. Still super weird.

I like it. Nice way to keep people from unplugging something that
shouldn't be. Once you put the cover on no one would suspect it was
there

What I was thinking, too...and mounting the handy box inside the larger
at 90 degrees does leave enough room for the plugs and the cover...looks
to me like probably they had to either thread the cord through and
reconnect at the business to use a molded, integral plug though??? Not
enough conduit diameter to feed a plug thru, is there???