Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How do I ask for free dirt?

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 7:31:39 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 15:49:48 -0700, Algeria Horan
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:10:48 -0700, Oren wrote:

A local pool builder here, often has ads on CL giving away free fill
dirt and free delivery. Just to get rid of it.

There is a local pool company, lifetime pools, which I think I can ask them.

Thanks for the great idea!

You mention a "big hollow" to fill. Perhaps consider taking dirty
fill, like broken concrete or even broken pavement and the later
taking on clean fill to finish off the top. If not building a house
foundation, the dirty fill could help you fill the space.

The "dirty fill" would add possibly pavement companies, demolition
companies, etc.

Finish the top off will clean fill. Tree Arborist can also give free
wood chip fill if they are local, instead of taking it to a dump.

YMMV

wood chips rot fast.

whats the end use for the property? if you want to eventually sell for say building homes there are rules about filling.

check with your local building inspectors......