Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default OT New Car Test Drive Insurance Coverage

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 08:59:51 -0400, Earl Grey
wrote:

I visited a new car dealer who required a driver's license and an auto
insurance coverage card to take a test drive.
Requiring a driver's license makes sense, but their insurance would
cover their car, no? If I was a first time car buyer, then I wouldn't
have any auto insurance. So then what?

About 1 year ago, when I was car-shopping - I test drove about 15
cars - from over 10 dealers - new / used / big / small dealers -
not once asked to provide my insurance.
In your case - a new car dealership - should perhaps be asked
if the manufacturer and/or the dealership association has endorsed
this practice ..
John T.