Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I ask for free dirt?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:06:54 -0700, Algeria Horan
wrote:

Really, I'm just trying to make a wasteland more useful to
pedestrians, which would walk on the side of the road instead of in the
middle rutted part.

Yup and those people who "fixed up" the Everglades were just trying to
turn useless swamp land into productive use. I think I would start by
seeing what kind of permits are necessary (and you might be
surprised).
I am not a big fan of government telling people what to do but the
fact is they do and you might end up being bankrupted over this little
project when some eco group, in conjunction with the EPA, sues you
because you disturbed the habitat of some kind if rare lizard.
It will not be "telling you to stop". It will be telling you to
restore it to the way it was. You do not have to look long to find
some of these horror stories.