Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hickeys

On 10/26/2016 7:16 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:

Just something I hadn't seen before and probably wouldn't
have thought up myself. Filed away in my head now in case one day it
might be useful ;-)

I'd not either, not sure I'd'a thunk of it also, but it surely made me
think of my dad -- be something he'd come up with, likely! There
are a lot of home-engineered solutions around the farmstead that are
just duck-soup simple but effective similar to that one...but it
wouldn't have surprised me to see something like that at several of the
utility generation plants for an instrumentation installation that
wasn't intended necessarily as permanent. Did a lot of one-of-a-kind
tests over the years in the former consulting life where might need to
take lab instrumentation to the boiler floor such that a temporary
rigging similar to the above would be "the cat's meow"...