Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default DIY fun

In article , Simon
Mason wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:05:19 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 25/10/2016 09:32, Simon Mason wrote:
Always prefer to drive up the road to Hull - Rotterdam ferry, have a
nice meal on board, a bath and a good night's sleep and be in Bavaria
at 1700 the next day. Then we can drive around all of Europe at our
leisure and see things plane dwellers never do.

Rotterdam-Bavaria is 500 miles. In one hop. That's your idea of at
leisure?

When I was working and drove to Tirana, I was only allowed 21 days
holiday in total and the first leg was 635 miles Rotterdam - Salzburg in
14 hours.

I've done Cherbourg to Megeve in a day - and that included using the
"periferique"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England