Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

dpb wrote:
On 10/24/2016 11:57 PM, DoN. Nichols wrote:
I remember a few months back a long discussion of people looking
for where to buy hickys (conduit benders). People were failing in lots
of places which used to work.

I recall the general thread but wasn't it a particular one somewhat out
of the run-of-the-mill the OP was looking for????

It was me. I was looking for the fabled 1/2" EMT hickey. You can still get
rigid 1/2" and up hickeys.

Finally I found an old stock Ideal cast iron hickey made for 1/2 EMT.
Let's just say it's more of a tubing collapser than bender, but if you
crawl the hook along the bend you can get a much tighter radius than with
a normal bender.