Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

En el artículo , Vir
Campestris escribió:

Modern systems have lost the stuff we used to do, where we'd fiddle with
the interleave for performance, not have sector 1 in the same place on
each track, or skew the sectors across cylinders so a seek took you to
the new track just at the right place to sync up and read.

There were tools to determine the optimum interleave, but memory fails
me. I think the original SpinRite may have been one?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10