Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Cleaning rubber rollers

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 18:46:37 +0100, "Kenny" wrote:

"legg" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 11:34:15 +0100, "Kenny" wrote:

"DaveC" wrote in message
al-september.org...

Alcohol dries rubber eventually hardening rollers. Thinking of printer
rollers here.

What alternative cleaner do you use on printer rollers and such?

I’ll take my answer off the air. (c:

Thanks.

Platenclene.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Automation-.../dp/B0012IKSHO

Kenny

The Platen is the glass surface in photocopiers.....

RL
I always used Platenclene for VCR and audio tape deck pinch rollers, you
obviously didn't read the description of what it is.

I was unaware that the term had been adopted to describe the
typewriter part, for which this product was designed. In printing or
publishing, the platen is generally flat, unless specifically designed
for odd surfaces.

The product description of the original post (Amazon) was
uninformative.

RL