Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default Missing the good old days.

On 10/23/2016 11:02 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
graham wrote in :

I was a member briefly when a UK food group collapsed and the main
people migrated to FB. However, it raided my e-mail address book
without my knowledge or permission and kept inviting me to "friend"
others. Also, every time someone farted they updated their page and I
received immediate notification.
The annoying thing is that they still have my basic data and should I
foolishly log on, I'll be swamped with messages again.
Graham

You can turn those notifications off. One of the first things I did was
turned almost everything off and set only the notifications I wanted to
e-mail. I also tightened security as much as possible. Most things are
shared by default, so I turned all that junk off.

I didn't know of those procedures at the time and the whole concept of
FB made no sense anyway.
Graham