Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 23/10/2016 01:56, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:11:19 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , pamela
escribió:

He sees the SSD presenting itself through a logical representation
behind which all essential activities take place hidden and without any
user influence.

It does, but not to the extent of recognising partitions are mis-aligned
and fixing it. For that to happen, the firmware on the SSD would have
to be partition table and filesystem aware, one level up from being a
block device (looking to the host machine like a box of LBAs labelled
from 0 to n, where n is the last available block.)

I see he's getting a beating on another thread about, of all things,
rocket science.

JOOI, which newsgroup? :-)

Took me a while to find it as well... its in this one hanging off the
bottom of one of harry's threads called "OT Solar energy generated in
the UK.overtook coal last Summer"

--
Cheers,

John.