Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Police@Usenet.com is offline

Default Those Dangerous Samsung Phones that start on fire....

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:57:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/22/2016 3:08 PM, bob haller wrote:
why should i ever buy a new battery for a verizon prepaid flip phone?
replacemnt phones from wall mart are $12.88
'
just buy a new phone, batteries plus wanted 35 bucks for a replacement battery,,,,,,,,

Try eBay for things like that.

I've gotten batteries for my flip phone on ebay for $5 shipped.
Otherwise I would have bought another phone, but probably just taken
the battery from the new phone, because to change phones means I have
to retype around 250 contacts. Not to mention the activation hassle.
I have yet to find a way to use the built in bluetooth to transfer
contacts, however I had a young guy look at it and he said I "might"
be able to transfer them one at a time. but there is no way to
transfer pictures (wallpapers), sounds, or ringtones. The sounds are
no biggie, and the pictures are saved from the internet (no camera),
but it's still many hours of work to set up a new phone.

That is the one advantage to smartphones, you can just transfer all
the data using a mini-SD card. I just saw someone do that, and the
phones were not the same brand.

But a smartphone would cost me 3 or 4 times as much as I pay now (per
month), and I dont need any of the other features. Nor do I want to
try to learn how to use it. I like 'simple'.