Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Temperature system of the USA

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:48:48 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 22/10/2016 18:22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/22/2016 11:45 AM, Bod wrote:
Anu ideas why the USA hasn't changed to the Centigrade system?
Only a handful of countries use fahrenheit today.

Centigrade makes a much more logical system.
Centigrade: 0C is freezing and 100C is boiling.

Probably the same reason Brits use pounds instead of 10 bases dollars.
12 pence to a shilling, 20 shillings to a pound. Worse than our
temperature system.

Only reason not to change is it is not easy to change old habits. I can
work with either so not a big deal.

Erm, we've used the metric money system since about 1970.
As for weight, we use both metric and imperial.
I thought it was the US who used pounds for weight measurement only still?

They're even too stupid to use stone. They weigh themselves as 140 pounds. Why use large numbers?

--
Why do MPs drive Volvos?
Because they have safe seats.