Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Dyson DC05 motorhead

I inherited this a year ago and it has been a good vacuum cleaner with
it's own little electric motor to power the brush head.

It has stopped rotating the motorhead without warning and a red LED is
glowing when power is switched to the head.

I have stripped the head and it uses a Domel 230VDC motor via a PCB
which has the LED. This motor rotates slowly when 12VDC is applied.

The two leads coming to the head measure 90VDC on a moving coil meter.

I'm thinking the head and PCB are probably OK but some diodes have
gone open circuit in the power supply.

Any thoughts?

AJH