Christian Zinner

Default getting the pcb from a pdf file

Hi!

"Chuck Harris" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi Christian,

I looked over the information on your website, and as near as I can
tell, your tool doesn't take Gerber RS274X files as its input. Is
this true?

It can take Gerber as input for drill import, but currently not for the
conduction tracks. As I see from some other feedback, I decide to add this
functionality very soon. I personally prefer postscript. Are there still so
many pcb layout programs out there that rely on gerber only?

Does your program automatically figure out the milling paths, or is
this done manually?

This is done automatically with the opportunity to define a set of up to 4
different engraver diameters which has the andvantage that the smallest
(=slowest, most expensive and least enduring) engraving tools are only used
where it is necessary. Some other neat features let you either remove any
surplus copper or widen the isolation gaps what makes soldering a lot
easier.
It should be mentioned that the drills were automatically extracted from the
pdf, too, including a useful suggestion for the drill diameters, although
the source image's drills were only intended as an aid for manual drilling.

Does your HPGL output format allow for use on machines that define
one step as 1/1000th inch, rather than 1/1016th inch?

This is user definable. G-Code format is heavily user adjustable, too.

Also, as near as I can tell, your demo won't allow any milling to be
done at all. I cannot tell anything about your output translation
accuracy unless I can mill.

You can export drill data with the demo, and if you use the 'emulate drills
with cutter' functionality, you can export milling paths for such drills,
too.
If you take the program seriously into account, you can send me a project
file that you prepared with the demo and I will provide you with the output
of the full version.

Best regards,
--
Christian Zinner
Vienna, Austria

Email:
Web:
http://www.PlatinCnc.com

Christian Zinner wrote:
Hello there!
Maybe it's not the solution that helps you by now, but if anyone is
interested in doing pcb rapid prototyping with isolation engraving,

these
screenshots may be quite impressive:
http://www.platincnc.com/temp/example.htm
I created a complete CAM dataset for drilling, isolation engraving and
contour milling of your pcb layout (I took it from the link posted by

Spehro
Pefhany) with my application. It took me less than 15min, without

employing
any other image manipulation program.