Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default OT Blood pressure

philo wrote:
Since (self included) most here are a bunch of grumpy old men I thought this worth asking.

I'm 67 years old and have always had good checkups. I also take my pulse
occasionally and it's always been excellent...typical 62 or so. My assumption was "all ok."

Have not had a physical in a few years but recently had one and my blood
pressure was about 40 points high. Doc said not to panic...happens pretty
often to men in my age group and I will return in a few days to probably get medication.

In the mean time I got a blood pressure meter and have cut back on sodium
intake. After a few days my pressure dropped about ten points and I also
noticed that coffee (thankfully) did not affect things.

Anyone else here taking blood pressure meds? If so, what are the results
and how many pills a day do you take?

thanks

I take one irbesartan a day. A vessel dilator. I used to take a diuretic
for years. I used to drink too much alcohol too. At times I used to get up
around 160/90.

Greg