Chuck Harris

Default getting the pcb from a pdf file

Hi Christian,

I looked over the information on your website, and as near as I can
tell, your tool doesn't take Gerber RS274X files as its input. Is
this true?

Does your program automatically figure out the milling paths, or is
this done manually?

Does your HPGL output format allow for use on machines that define
one step as 1/1000th inch, rather than 1/1016th inch?

Also, as near as I can tell, your demo won't allow any milling to be
done at all. I cannot tell anything about your output translation
accuracy unless I can mill.

-Chuck Harris

Christian Zinner wrote:
Hello there!

"pil" wrote in ...

I am trying to manufacture a PCB for the leach amp. I printed the PCB

layout

in the pdf file but it seems that two tracks are too close to each other.

I need to modify the PCB

How do I get the PCB out of the PDF file while keeping it a cad drawing. I
don't want to copy and paste cause then it gets turned into a photo.

The pcb in the pdf seems to be a postscript file

Maybe it's not the solution that helps you by now, but if anyone is
interested in doing pcb rapid prototyping with isolation engraving, these
screenshots may be quite impressive:
http://www.platincnc.com/temp/example.htm
I created a complete CAM dataset for drilling, isolation engraving and
contour milling of your pcb layout (I took it from the link posted by Spehro
Pefhany) with my application. It took me less than 15min, without employing
any other image manipulation program.

I did not announce this software broadly until now, but this is such a
typical application for it that I could not withstand ;-)

Best regards,
--
Christian Zinner
Vienna, Austria