Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How to deal with police at a DUI checkpoint

On 10/19/2016 12:51 AM, Diesel wrote:

I was driving a work truck not made of recycled beer cans. Real
American Steel. The truck was a mid 70s model, but, it had a modern
braking system. Disc brakes and ABS. I did infact break check him,
and, he actually hit me in the rear. My tow ball went thru his front
end, and tookout his radiator as it smashed his water pump! So much
for the newer SUVs being built tougher. [g]

My truck left on it's own power (and as I pulled it away from his, it
continued tearing his whole front end clip and a large chunk of what
was left of his radiator off of his pos SUV), his required a flatbed
towtruck. The cops agreed with him that I probably slammed on my
brakes and let him hit me, but, since I left no skid marks, they
couldn't do anything about it.

I told them a dog walked out in front of me and I didn't want to hit
the animal.

Exactly the same story from a guy at work. Only difference he was
driving a 6 month old Ford Fusion and got $3500 in damage. I'd not do
it in a new car.