Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default 1970s Soffits - Asbestos?

On 10/19/2016 1:14 PM, Bettyboo wrote:
replying to TheScullster, Bettyboo wrote:
I recently had a quote from reputable up can Windows etc firm for
replacements
of soffits and facias down pipes and gutters. It was going to be £5300
for a
detached 6x9 metre house with attached garage. They took a sample of
soffits
and came back to me saying that it would need to be removed
professionally at
a unmentioned extra cost.. I have cancelled the whole work.
Now, knowing it is there how would this affect the sale of my house ?
Would a
surveyor know what was there by just looking round the house?

Loyal Usenet followers won't reply to this.