Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default The bells at York

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:47:01 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

On 15/10/2016 04:16, Bill Wright wrote:
I just signed the petition "Allow the York Minster bell ringers to
ring!" and wonder if you could add your name too.

The more support we can get the better chance we have of succeeding. You
can read more and sign the petition he

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition...ingers-to-ring

I have read a story in the local paper where the church give their
reasons for sacking the bell ringers and preventing their access to the
church.

It has nothing to do with safety or noise. One of the bell ringers in
question is being investigated for dubious sexual practices, and their
name is given in the article.

So, for a problem not related to bellringing with one person, the whole
team and the city has to suffer. What a typically Christian attitude.

Petition signed, and comment left.

You'll be expected to show the colour of your money now according to
the Archbishop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CCdpG9CZrE

The person with the sanctimonious grin is the Dean.

They appear to be making stuff up as they go along their witchhunt
trail.

The man involved has his lawyers making a statement at:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1480...erns_is_named/

Innocent or not the fact that he is a bell ringer is to me quite
immaterial. You don't take vulnerable people up countless steps to
ring on challenging (physically and mentally) bells to abuse them with
a dozen other people around.

There is little protection for someone accused of child abuse whilst
the accuser can go on and on causing damage particularly if they can
get the ear of a Dean who has an agenda perhaps.

There was a story a year or so ago about an Essex Bell ringer who
abused kids and was imprisoned. But all indications are that he
enticed X-box players, so why the headline?:

http://www.essexlive.news/goldhanger...ail/story.html

Should have read: Microsoft X-Box player .. etc

Meanwhile

http://www.essexlive.news/bell-ringe...ail/story.html

So what is the solution when someone has done their time?

--
AnthonyL