Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:02:15 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 19:27:45 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 15/10/2016 09:44, alan_m wrote:
On 15/10/2016 01:23, David Paste wrote:
am I barking up the
wrong tree to assume an SSD will improve the snappiness of the user
interface?)

When I replaced a traditional hard disk in my 5 year old laptop with
SSD I noticed a faster start up but for day to day use no overall
difference in speed.

Hmm! that hasn't been my experience. I've changed several laptops to
SSDs
and *everything* is much snappier.

Only with the laptops that dont have enough physical memory.

Bull****.

We'll see...

My desktop has 32GB and the SSD still makes an enormous difference.

Not to anything except the time to start from a full reboot and
with launching apps that are very disk intensive when starting.

Or when in use.

There are **** all of those that most use much.

Anyone with even half a clue only reboots every few months and doesnt
close apps at all.

I only have open the apps I'm using.

More fool you.

It's tidier.

Its stupid.

Why have more clutter on the taskbar?

Makes no difference what so ever to the taskbar when you use
that properly as where you start apps that you use much.