Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Blood pressure

On 10/15/2016 06:05 PM, Frank wrote:

snip

I eat almost continuously and that will just plain have to stop.

My wife and I both have quit drinking and on the good side...I never
smoked and she quit about 16 years ago.

I have lost quite a few friend due to smoking and some of those alive
are on exygen

Smoking is the worse thing you can do to your body. I quit in my late
20's. I've known several people that died of lung cancer including one
on the surgeon generals committee that condemned cancer and switched to
Larks because of the charcoal filter. I also had two uncles with
emphysema which was the main driving force to make me quit.

Yep it's nothing but bad news.
When my wife moved in here 16 years ago I made her smoke outside.

First -20F day she decided to quit.

Now she hates smoke worse than I do.

Also lost a few to colon cancer...they were around 50 and figured they
were too young to get tested.

As to my blood pressure, by my cutting out excess salt I saw improvement
but still it was too high.

Saw my doctor first thing this morning and he put me on a very low dose
of Amlopodine, 2.5mg

Five hours later my BP is down to a high normal.
He told me to give it a week to make sure I don't have any side effects