Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal

Default The bells at York

On 17/10/2016 21:19, Norman Wells wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 17/10/16 16:08, Norman Wells wrote:

What's wrong with that?

If you knowingly move next to something that makes a noise or smell
and has done for decades or centuries, that's your fault.

The law says otherwise. The law says I can do something about it. The
law, I'm afraid, has moved on and left you bumpkin Luddites behind.

Snip
It's not me that has the power to stop it. It's the Council, using the
powers the law gives it.

Those powers are granted subject to the democratic process. If you are
the only one complaining, you will be ignored, or the council chucked
out at the next election and one elected which will go with the majority
opinion.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.