Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.legal

Default The bells at York

On 17/10/2016 17:33, Norman Wells wrote:

If it's loud and stops me enjoying my property, however, it is and I can
complain, which seems fair enough to me. What's wrong with that?

Did you move there after the bells were installed? If so, tough, you are
deemed to have known about it and accepted it before you moved in. In
the same way, I can`t complain about the tarmac plant about 200 yards
from where I live. It was there before me, and I had the choice of
moving into a place near to it or not.

Bear in mind that the vast majority of bells in the UK have been rung
for various reasons for well over a century. You may have a case if
someone builds a mosque near to your home after you move in and starts
making loud calls to prayer every hour or two, though.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.